Language translation provides the ability to enable Multiple Languages in the AgileApps Cloud platform and configure custom messages using the Translation Workbench and Custom Labels. Organizations can decide which of the supported languages will be available for use. Individual users can then select their language from the list of available languages.
- In an organization based in North America, language translations are set up to display language labels and messages written in Spanish, as well as the default English language. The users can then choose the language they prefer.
The following languages are pre-loaded for both the cloud and installable versions of the AgileApps platform:
- English (en)
- French (fr)
- Italian (it)
- German (de)
- Spanish (es)
- Portuguese (pt)
- Chinese (zh)
Note: Tenants can use the Language Translation features when this service is enabled in Tenant Capabilities.
Selecting a Supported Language
You can select a supported language from the Company Information page as follows:
1. Go to Settings > Account Management > Company Information.
2. Click Edit.
3. In the Available Language Settings section, select the lookup icon. A new window appears.
Note: Available Language Settings appears when Multiple Languages is enabled by the Service Provider.
4. Choose from the list of Supported Languages and click Pick Selected Values. The language now appears in the Language list. You can use the delete icon to remove a language and make it unavailable to users
5. Click Save.
Note: Application developers who want to set up language translations for the labels in their application can use Translation Workbench.
Enabling Multiple Languages
- The Multiple Languages option is enabled by your Service Provider.
- The default single sign-on setting on on-premises installation is Off.
- The default single sign-on setting on the cloud is Off. (Contact Support to make changes.)
Specify a Default Language
Users can select a default language as a preference from the list of available languages in My Information.
- Individual Users can change the default language to any available language at any time
- The default language is English
- Learn more: Language Translation
The ability to specify a language is enabled by default for all users in Default Roles