HowTo:Search a View to Find Records
A search action finds all records in the platform that contain the characters or words you specify. If the specified characters appear in any field in a record, the record is displayed.
- To search in specific fields, or to create more complex searches, you'll want to Filter a View to Restrict the Records it Displays.
- Improve search speed and performance by configuring Search Fields to create an index for the object
Learn more: Record Locator
- Data Access Permissions determine which records are visible to a given user
- A specific syntax is required to search using a Multi Object Lookup field.
Learn more: Multi Object Lookup#Considerations
- When searching for a keyword in Rich Text Area and the keyword is beyond 1024 characters (this includes the associated field configured in the search fields section in object's Record Locator), then the keyword is not considered by the search engine. The system has a limitation in the search fields on the Record Locator to 1024 characters.
Doing a Search
In the Old UI