Widgets enable you to quickly access and update information, including tasks, web sites, and custom objects.
Widgets are small windows available on a Dashboard that let you view selected information. There are various types of widgets:
- View-based widgets display data rows from the View you select
- Choose the number of rows to display: 5, 10, 20, 50 or 100
- Report-based widgets display Charts, Table Data or both from the Report you select.
- Choose the number of rows to display: 5, 10, 20, 50 or 100.
- In the widget banner, click the document icon () to view the underlying report.
- Add any HTML code for a fully custom widget.
- Note: The one exception is a <form> tag.
- Behind the scenes, the dashboard is one big form that submits a widget's new position to the server when you move it.
- That way, the position is recorded for the next time you visit.
- Since nested <form> tags do not work in HTML browsers, you can use any HTML except a <form> tag.
Enable HTML Sanitization
When this option is selected, it prevents XSS attacks by allowing you to use only the HTML tags and attributes listed in the table. When this option is not selected, all the HTML tags and attributes are allowed and XSS attacks are not prevented.
a, abbr, acronym, address, area, b, bdo, big,blockquote, br, button,body,caption, center, cite, code, col, colgroup, dl, dt, dd, del, dfn,dir, div, em, fieldset, font, form, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, head, html, i, iframe,img, input, ins, kbd, label, legend, li, map, mark, menu, ol, optgroup, option, p,pre, q, s, samp, select, section, small, span, strike, strong, style, sub, sup, table, tbody,td, textarea, tfoot, th, thead, u, tr, tt, ul, var
col, colgroup span, align, char, charoff, valign, width abbr,acronym title button type p align area alt,shape,coords,href bdo bdl dfn id, title div style img src,width,height,alt label for, form form accept, accept-charset, action, autocomplete, enctype, method ,name, novalidate, target li type, value input type, value, name p title optgroup label, disabled textarea rows, columns option label, disabled, selected, value table border, bgcolor, style font size, color, face a class, id, href tbody align iframe width, height, src, frameborder body bgcolor, link, text
- Display a JSP Page defined and stored on the platform.
Working with Widgets
Widgets can be added and removed, reconfigured, minimized or maximized, and moved around on a Dashboard.
Users that have the Manage Global Views/Reports permission can add/delete Widgets to a dashboard or modify its layout. In addition, any user who creates a dashboard can add, delete, and modify widgets on that page.
Add Widget to a Dashboard
- Click [Add Widget]
- Fill in the widget settings:
- Type - Select the Widget Type
- Position - Specify the column it appears in
- Widget title - Give the Widget a title
- Additional options - (Options vary, depending on the type of widget.)
Edit a Widget
- In the Dashboard, scroll to the widget of interest
- Click the wrench icon icon in the widget header.
- Specify your options. (The available options depend on the type of widget.)
- Click [Save]
Move a Widget
Widgets can be moved from column to column, or moved up or down within a column.
To move a widget, drag the header to a new position in the dashboard.
Minimize a Widget
To minimize a widget, click the Minimize icon in the widget header.
The widget remains minimized until you reopen it, or until your next login.
Delete a Widget
In the Widget header, click the "x" icon to delete the widget from the dashboard.
A confirmation dialog is displayed.