Creating a Database Application
From AgileApps Support Wiki
Start with a plan:
- Design your data structures.
- What data tables do you need?
- How do they relate to one another?
- Determine the Roles that will be needed govern interactions with the application.
- What data will they need to see?
- What actions will they perform?
Build the initial application:
- Go to > Administration > Applications > [Create New Application]
- Choose Create by Import to start by importing CSV data exported from a spreadsheet.
Use this option only for a single object (a single-table spreadsheet).
For multiple object-tables that link to one another:
- a. Continue to the next step to set up the objects and the relationships between them.
- b. Then use the Data Import Wizard to upload your spreadsheet data into those objects.
- Learn more: Import Data
- Choose Create Using Wizard to create the application objects using the Application Construction Wizard:
- Define the objects, specifying singular and plural labels and creating up to 10 data fields for each. (You can create more later.)
- Specify object relationships, which creates the Lookup fields that connect objects to one another.
- Later, use the Object Construction Wizard to add additional objects and relationships.
- Once the application is created, configure the Application Access settings to give yourself permission to access it.
- Assign yourself the default role.
Customize the application:
- Create the application Roles
- For each object, create the Forms that will be used by each role
- Configure Forms Assignment settings to assign the forms to specific roles
- Configure Tab Preferences to specify the objects that will appear for each role, and the order in which they appear
- Configure View Preferences for each Role:
- Customize Field settings. Add additional fields, as needed.
- Further customize the Forms that will be seen when records are accessed or created
- Explore other ways to customize Objects
- Use the Application Access settings to specify other users who can access the application, and the roles they can play.