Configuring the Application Server
From AgileApps Support Wiki
- As described in Software Requirements#Required for Basic Platform Functionality:
- Configure an email server to enable email-based collaboration.
- To improve performance, install and memcached for caching. (You will configure it in a moment).
- Add the Apache HTTP server to further improve performance.
- All backend services are enabled by default. But they will cause performance problems if they are running on the customer-facing application server, and errors can result if they are running on multiple servers. After installing the platform, therefore, it is important to disable all backend services that are not required on the current server.
- Learn more: Managing Backend Services
- As described in Software Requirements#Required for Additional Functionality:
- To allow PDFs to be generated from documents, install OpenOffice.
- To allow for Collision Detection and Prevention, install HornetQ.
- To be able to email a chart or report, Install the Chart Handling Libraries.
When making changes to an existing server, restart the server to read in the new values.