From AgileApps Support Wiki
There are two basic testing mechanisms:
- To test operations that occur when a record is created:
- Create an Event Rule
- In a running system, set up a condition that restricts the rule to your testing, for example to ensure that the rule is triggered only when some flag is set, or only when you are the person creating the record, using a Created By field.
- To test operations that occur for an existing record:
- Open the object and create a macro that invokes a method.
- When viewing a record, select the macro from the list of Actions.
You can use either of those mechanisms to: