Application Metadata Configuration
The application metadata is the basic information of the applications created or installed by the App designer on the AgileApps platform.
To view the application-specific metadata, perform the following steps:
- Go to the Configuration page, under the Administration tile, and click Applications.
- Select the Application for which you want to view the metadata.
To update the application-specific metadata, perform the following steps:
- Click Configuration > Applications (under the Administration tile).
- Select the Application for which you want to update the metadata.
- On the application metadata page, click Edit.
- On the Update Application page, you can update the following information:
- Basic Information
- Name: Type the name of the application.
- Description: Type a short description of about the application and its benefits.
- Application Icon: Upload the desired icon for the application.
- Installed App: This is auto-populated and tells you whether the Application is a created one or an installed one.
- Id: This is autogenerated and provides the unique identification number of the application. This is alphanumeric in nature.
- Additional Info
- Application Info Link: The link to a page where information about this application is present. You can update the URL to point to the Application Tutorial page.
- Package Version: This is auto-populated and displays the package version of the application you deployed.
- Package Name: This is auto-populated and displays the package name of the application you deployed.
- Package Version Notes: This is auto-populated and displays the package version notes you provided while packaging the application earlier.
- Deployment Date: This is auto-populated and displays the latest deployed date of the application.
- Last Modified By: This is auto-populated and displays the last modified date, time, and user details of the application.
- Created By: This is auto-populated and displays the created date, time, and user details of the application.
- Basic Information
- Click Save.
- Under the Basic Information section, the Installed App and Id fields are auto-populated and are displayed once you update the information.
- If the Application is an installed one, all the above-mentioned fields are displayed.
- If the Application is not an installed one, only the following fields are displayed:
- Basic Information - Name, Description, Installed App, and Id.
- Additional Info - Additional Info Link, Last Modified By, and Created By.
- Deleting a ServiceDesk application is not allowed; all other applications can be deleted based on your requirement.
- Application Icon
- The maximum file size can be 10 KB.
- An application icon is fixed at 48x48px, but if user uploads a larger icon, it is automatically resized.
- Allowed file types: gif, jpeg, png, and jpg.