From AgileApps Support Wiki
Get a Record ID Programmatically
Record IDs can be obtained using:
In the REST APIs, the record ID is stored in the id field.
To get a record ID using the Java APIs: Field values are stored in the Parameters object that is delivered to code that is running in the platform.
- To get the ID of the record in that object, use the get method on that object, specifying 'id' as the name field to get.
- Record Identifier has a Range of: 1 - 2,147,483,647
- In most Objects, the record id is an integer
- Exception:In these objects, the record ID is a text string:
- Lookup fields require a string value.
- To convert a numeric Record ID to a string, use the CONCAT Formula Function:
CONCAT (id, '') where: id is a Record Identifier '' is two single quote (') characters